One of the biggest misconceptions about taking care of your body is that it only consists of one thing: fitness. When people say that they’ve started working out, immediately we give them kudos for taking strides to care for their bodies and that is well-deserved – but there is more to it! Here are 6 ways that you can take care of your health, while also taking care of your body.
- Eating right – This is potentially the most imperative thing about your health, and coincidentally the hardest to manage. Find foods that you enjoy eating that are also healthy. I may not love all fruits and vegetables, but I will eat anything with a “berry” in it’s name and I never met a cucumber or avocado that I didn’t like. Start with what you know and it will encourage you to try new things.
- Drink Water – They say you should drink 8 glasses of water a day. I struggle with this so I downloaded an app called “Plant Nanny” where I keep track of my water intake and am rewarded by growing a virtual plant. It seems silly, but it works!
- Read – Some people have strong opinions about reading hardback books vs. digital and I think that as long as you are learning something new every day that is the most important thing. Reading lets you escape the world that you are in and immerse yourself in another’s. It’s powerful and can be a great stress relief. Start by re-reading one of your childhood favorites. You will be surprised how quickly you can make it through all 7 Harry Potter books the second time around.
- Try something new – This one has been hard for me to do, but I try to do at least one thing out of my comfort zone every week. I’m not a great chef, well… I don’t particularly like to cook.. so trying out a new recipe is an easy way to challenge yourself.
- Meditate – I have to admit that I am new at this. I also find my mind wandering when I meditate and it seems like I end up even more stressed than before because of all of the thoughts running around in my head. I started using the app “Headspace” for guided meditation and it’s been a game changer.
- Stay active – Fitness is so important and I always keep Playtex® Sport® Compact® tampons with me in my gym bag. I love that the tampons are discreet pocket-sized and provide comfort even when working out, plus you can get them at Target! Playtex has a new Playtex® PlayOn® Tryout Kit that is the complete package of everything you need to take care of your health including wireless headphones, sunscreen, a headwrap, and of course lip balm. The tryout kit is free with purchase by mail in reward. Make sure you get yours after your next purchase, visit Playtex here for more information!
Thank you to Playtex® for sponsoring this post and supporting the brands that keep Simply Sabrina’s doors open!