As someone who is trying to cut carbs, increase my vegetable intake and reduce red meat consumption – this meal is a dream. I have a limited amount of time to cook dinner at night, I usually only cook 2-3 times a week, so it has to be good! This recipe is quick, easy, and extremely healthy. The best part? It’s delicious! For me, the struggle with eating healthy is that I don’t feel satisfied after my meal. That triggers me to want dessert and then ultimately, was the healthy meal worth it? Not here. You will feel full, satisfied, and not guilty if you want seconds! If you try this recipe please send me a note, I would love to know what you thought and if you made any substitutions what they are.
- Green Beans
- 10 oz of Raw, Peeled, Uncooked Frozen Medium Shrimp
- Red Onion
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Slice the red onion into thin slices and caramelize on the stove on medium heat
- To prepare the quinoa, place one cup of quinoa in a saucepan on the stove with two cups of chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil & Reduce / simmer for 15 minutes
- To prepare the shrimp, place all 10 oz into a colander and defrost by running it under warm water
- Add a little bit of oil to a wok and start to cook the shrimp
- Season with Chipotle seasoning (I like the Knorr Chipotle Mini Cubes), a dash of cajun, kosher salt, & fresh cracked pepper
- Assemble bowl with quinoa, shrimp, sliced avocado, and green beans
- Knorr Chipotle Seasoning can be found here: http://bit.ly/2wvZP4p