I know, I know. You are like so busy. You have school or work or kids- maybe all of the above? You’re probably reading this when you are supposed to be doing something infinity more important or waiting in line for something that’s taking far too long. You barely have time to wash your face at night and you couldn’t be paid to tell me the last time you flossed (don’t worry, we all do it).
Trust me, I get it. Skincare is new for me too. I’ve known for ages that preventative skincare in your 20s is essentials but what does that even mean? What am I supposed to do, when am I supposed to do it and why the heck are all of the products so expensive. As your self-designated fairy blogmother, I’m here to help. Not only did I already put together the world’s easiest cheatsheet that you can literally screenshot and keep on your phone, but I also talked to a number of professional dermatologists to break down that the bare-freaking-minimum that you should do. You’re welcome.
GET THE CHEATSHEET HERE
10/10 Dermatologists agree that the best thing to protect your skin from anti-aging, skin cancer, discoloration and most other skin concerns is the same thing: SPF. In fact, the number one cause of premature aging is ultraviolet exposure. So if you are going to do one thing: wear sunscreen, especially on your face. Newer products like the Olay Sun Facial Sunscreen + Antioxidants has a built-in makeup primer. Now you can truly ‘prep’ your base before you apply your makeup and know that you are protected throughout the day. You can pick it up in the skincare aisle of your local Publix on your next trip – plus they are running a killer sale for the month of June!
- 5/20-6/30 Rebate: Get $15/When you Spend $50 at www.olayrebate.com
- 6/1-6/14 Coupon: $5.00 off TWO Olay Whips, Sun Screen, Regenerist, Total Effects, Eyes or Luminous Moisturizer 1.3-2.5oz – You can grab a coupon from flyer at Publix
- 6/6-6/12 Weekly Ad: $4 off Olay Whips, Regenerist, Total Effects, Eyes & Luminous .5 – 2.5oz and $1 off Olay Facial Cleansers & Cloths
Let’s break down sun damage – Is it really that bad?
Here are some SPF facts that will blow your freaking mind:
- Overcast or not – you need sunscreen. Up to 80 percent of the sun’s UV rays can pass through clouds
- Windows don’t block the rays. Glass filters out only one kind of radiation — UVB rays. But UVA rays, which penetrate deeper, can still get through
- Sunscreen should be a minimum of SPF 30 and should be reapplied every 2 hours or immediately after sweating or swimming
- You shouldn’t apply sunscreen when you’re already outside. In face, you should be applied 20 minutes before going outside to allow it to bond with the skin
Now that you know, start investing in yourself and there’s no better place to start than the basics. Opting for a facial sunblock with SPF + primer like the Olay Sun Facial Sunscreen + Antioxidants can protect your skin and keep you safe while you enjoy the sun this summer.
This post is made in partnership with Olay. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Simply Sabrina afloat.